Communicating with School: Building a Foundation for Partnerships
Successful partnerships between the student, family and the school are critical for successful inclusion. They also lead to the best educational and social outcomes for students with disability.
This webinar also addresses some of the new challenges families and teachers are facing with periods of learning from home, and less opportunity for informal and face-to-face interaction.
This webinar discusses:
- Building blocks for effective partnerships - in both “ordinary” and “extraordinary” times
- What can parents expect: the DoE Parent and Community Engagement framework
- Common barriers to partnership – and how to avoid them!
- Achieving common understandings through effective listening and assertive communication
- Effective parent advocacy – with specific tips for email and phone advocacy
- Video: Reasonable Adjustments (NCCD)
- Video: How can you learn to communicate assertively?
- Worksheet: Planning a Conversation with School (MS Word file)
- Video: Advocacy tips from families video (CRU)
- Newsletter: Newsletter Two: How do families promote and defend their vision (CRU)