Finding a Job
Employment provides many benefits for all Australians. Apart from income it can provide purpose and belonging, connections and friends. CRU aims to inspire, increase confidence and motivate people with disability and their families to make a start on the road to employment.
We can provide you and your family with information and strategies on getting started on the path to employment and working through the barriers.
School to Work
In the second half of 2020, CRU, Family Advocacy (NSW) and Imagine More (ACT) started work together on a new three year, ILC project funded by the Department of Social Services, to support high school students with disability and their families to engage with employment.
‘From School to Work’ will provide information to help students and their families build confidence and explore what work could look like for them.
As part of the project, we are offering the following webinars and in-depth workshops:
- Imagining Work for students in Years 7 and 8
- Discovering Work for students in Years 9 and 10
- Finding Work for students in Years 11 and 12.
The information contained in the majority of the webinars will be the same in Queensland, New South Wales and the ACT. However some of the content delivered will be specific to the state or territory it is presented in to ensure we cover local schemes and issues.
CRU will be with you on this journey to encourage and support so that your high schooler with disability and your family feel empowered, and you can take action towards employment!
Some more information?
- To start you on the path to understanding why employment matters, here are some helpful Employment Fact Sheets.
- If you would like to be kept up to date with the details of this project, join the project mailing list. We welcome family members and keen supporters of people with disability who are interested in this topic to join. We won’t share your information with anyone else and you can unsubscribe at any time.
- If you have any questions or would like more information about the “From School to Work Project”, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 07 3844 2211.
Fee for Service
Alongside our funded project work on this topic which is specific to just one age group, CRU can offer training and consultation packages on a fee for service basis.
Our skilled disability consultants work alongside you to assist you and your supporters to become clear, confident and in control as you strive for the good things in life.
For more information visit the Fee For Service section of our website.
As with the general CRU mailing list, we won’t share your information with anyone else and you can unsubscribe at any time.
In the meantime, if you have any questions about the ‘School to Work’ project or other aspects of what CRU has to offer, please email email@example.com