These videos were filmed by Community Resource Unit Ltd. (CRU) at a joint event held with Children and Young People with Disability Australia (CYDA) at Common Ground on the 18th February 2020. The videos can be viewed on the playlist above, or can be viewed individually in our videos page.
This event discussed the Disability Royal Commission (DRC), its interest in education of children with disability and how people can share their stories with the Royal Commission.
CYDA has created a workbook to assist families as they prepare submissions around education. Download the workbook here (MS Word). They also have created some factsheets which we have linked to below.
Here is a list of links that relate to these videos:
- Enquiries: 1800 222 660 or email@example.com
Disability Royal Commission (DRC)
- Enquiries: 1800 517 199 or DRCenquiries@royalcommission.gov.au
Queensland Collective for Inclusive Education (QCIE)
Support for people making submission
- Counselling: Blue Knot Foundation. Call 1800 421 468
- Legal advice: Your Story, Disability Legal Support. Call 1800 711 800
- Free advocacy support: Disability Advocacy Finder
- Other support: Lifeline. Call 13 11 14