Dear Friends of CRU,
Registrations are now open for a number of our Term 4 workshops being delivered as part of CRU’s Families for Inclusive Education Project . See below for our date claimer or click here for the latest updates on all the project is doing. The workshops and other aspects of the project are designed to assist family members of students with disability across Queensland to be informed and confident so they can work as respected and valued partners in their child’s education.
We hope to meet many families of school aged children at these workshops, but if you can’t make a workshop or you have already attended but would like more ideas or support to implement your vision for your son or daughter, we want to remind families that we can also offer individual consultations by phone and email and send you information, and you can join our mailing list to receive our newsletters and updates.
Our first event in Term 4 will be a Webinar on Planning Successful Transitions – Top Tips to Help your Child being held on Monday 14th October – two sessions are available:
- Morning: 10.30am to 11.30am
- Evening: 7.30pm to 8.30pm.
For more information about this webinar please click here to visit the page for the webinar, where we will be updating information on this event. A flyer is available by clicking on the image to your right and an accessible version of this flyer is also available on the webinar homepage.
Upcoming events for Term 4
Our Term 4 workshops are in the following locations:
- Toowoomba – Setting the Direction for Success (9.30-12.30) – Wednesday 16th October Register now
- Rockhampton – Setting the Direction for Success (9.30-12.30) – Thursday 24th October Register now
- Brisbane North (Virginia) – Setting the Direction for Success (9.30-12.30) – Friday 24th October registrations open soon
- Gold Coast – Setting the Direction for Success (9.30-12.30) – Friday 31st October registrations open soon
- Mt Gravatt –Working Effectively with your Child’s School (9.15-2.30pm) – Friday 1st November registrations open soon
- Logan – Setting the Direction for Success (9.30-12.30) – Thursday 7th November registrations open soon
- Sunshine Coast – Working Effectively with your Child’s School (9.15-2.30pm) – Thursday 7th November registrations open soon
The term 4 date claimer provides more information on the workshop content. We encourage families to attend both the half day and full day workshops as different but complementary information is covered.
Please note, we are only able to offer these sessions once in any location. This means that in 2020, there will be one more Brisbane workshop on Setting the Direction for Success. Working Effectively with your Child’s School will be offered in Townsville, Rockhampton, Gold Coast, Logan, Ipswich, Toowoomba and Brisbane. Feedback from previous attendees has been very positive, so please book to avoid disappointment:
- “Loved every minute. Thank you”,
- “I learned so much, met awesome people”,
- “really helpful and informative and worthwhile”,
- “very empowering”,
- “excellent information and presenters”
These workshops are funded by the Department of Education for family members of students with disability in state schools in Queensland. Due to being fully funded, there is no fee to attend, however, attendees must register. To register go to cru.org.au/events or call CRU on (07) 3844 2211.
Please note: If you live in regional Queensland, you can apply for funding to assist with travel to attend the nearest workshop to you by completing the Families for Inclusive Education – Application Form 2019 and returning to EducationProject@cru.org.au We encourage interested regional families to apply for this support to attend.
Please see https://cru.org.au/families-for-inclusive-education/ to find out which location is the closest workshop for you. Again, this funding is provided by the Department of Education for families of students with disability in Queensland state schools.
If you have difficulty registering, need more information about applying for support, or want to request an individual consultation or specific information, please don’t hesitate to contact the CRU office and someone will assist you with the process.
Our first newsletter is out now!
Finally, you may be interested in reading or distributing our first e-newsletter which can be found at https://cru.org.au/families-for-inclusive-education/newsletters/