- This event has passed.
Inclusive Education: Setting the Direction for Success – Sunshine Coast – Day 1 of 2
August 8 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pmFree
Inclusive Education: Setting the Direction for Success
Sunshine Coast – Bokarina
Thursday 8th August, 2019
9.30am – 12.30pm
About the Workshop:
Come along to a free introductory workshop for parents of students with disability in state schools to learn about:
- What an inclusive education looks like
- How to develop a positive vision to set goals for school and school life
- Inclusive Education Policies and other supports that help make inclusion possible
- Communication tips and how to work with your school
Who is CRU?
The Community Resource Unit Ltd (CRU) has a 30 year track record of working throughout Queensland to promote positive change so that people with disabilities can belong to and participate in community life.
Assistance to Attend:
There is a small amount of funding available to assist families who need to travel to attend workshops or who require other support. If you require any assistance to attend or participate in this event, please contact CRU to apply for this assistance.
For more information call CRU on (07) 3844 2211 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Event and Venue Details
Date and Time:
- Thursday 8th August 2019.
- Please arrive at 9am to sign in, for a 9.30am start. Concludes at 12.30pm.
- Morning tea is provided
The venue is Venue 114 Bokarina (formerly Kawana Community Centre), 114 Sportsman Parade, Bokarina, Sunshine Coast.
- Attendance is free, but bookings are essential
- Morning Tea will be provided
CRU’s cancellation policy is on our website. Please use the following link: http://cru.org.au/about/policies/#cancellation
These workshops are delivered by CRU to assist families of students with disability to be clear, informed, confident and connected so they can work as respected and valued partners in their children’s education.
Proudly supported by the Queensland Government through the Department of Education.