Inclusive Education: Working Effectively with your Child’s School – Mackay – Workshop 2 – Full Day Event
August 23 @ 9:15 am - 2:30 pmFree
Inclusive Education: Working Effectively with your Child’s School
Workshop 2 of 2 – Mackay
Please note: Attendance at the Day 1 workshop is not a requirement for attending Day 2
Friday 23rd August, 2019
9.15 AM – 2.30 PM
About the Workshop:
Come along to a free introductory workshop for parents of students with disability in state schools to learn about:
- Using your positive vision to help your child meet their goals in school and in life
- Building an effective relationship with your school
- The Department’s Inclusive Education Policy
- What good school inclusion looks like
- Communication tips and advocacy skills
- Overcoming challenges and who can help
Who is CRU?
Community Resource Unit LTD (CRU) has a 30 year track record of working throughout Queensland to promote positive change so that people with disabilities can belong to and participate in community life.
Assistance to Attend:
There is a small amount of funding available to assist families who need to travel to attend workshops or who require other support. If you require any assistance to attend or participate in this event, please contact CRU to apply for this assistance.
For more information call CRU on 07 3844 2211 or email: email@example.com
Event and Venue Details
Date and Time:
- Friday 23rd August 2019.
- Please arrive at 8.45AM to sign in, for a 9.15 AM start. Concludes at 2.30 PM.
- Morning tea and lunch is provided.
- The venue is Mackay Women’s Centre, 418A Shakespeare Street, West Mackay.
- You can phone the venue on 07 4953 1788 for more information related to the venue itself.
- Attendance is free, but bookings are essential.
- Morning tea and lunch will be provided.
- Registrations close on Thursday 15th August 2019.
Download accessible flyer here (word doc)
CRU’s cancellation policy is on our website. Please use the following link: http://cru.org.au/about/policies/#cancellation
These workshops are delivered by CRU to assist families of students with disability to be clear, informed, confident and connected so they can work as respected and valued partners in their children’s education.
Proudly supported by the Queensland Government through the Department of Education.