- This event has passed.
CRU CONFERENCE.Claiming a Positive Future: The Power of Possibility
May 20, 2016 @ 9:00 am - May 21, 2016 @ 4:30 pm
As the National Disability Insurance Scheme starts to roll out in Australia, this two day conference addressed how we can be clear, hopeful and focused, in order to make the most of this opportunity.
The conference gathered and connected people with disability, family members, friends, workers and allies to focus on what is possible for people with disability and their families. Stories and examples were drawn from across the lifespan from young children to mature adults and the event showcased the different ways people have built a good life in community and the contributions of others in building that rich, meaningful life.
The conference offered the following keynote addresses;
- Claiming a Positive Future: the Power of Possibility
- Stories of Possibility
- Supporting People Well – with Compassion, Collaboration and Respect
- Positive Futures: The Stronger Smarter Way
- The Future of Inclusion: Harnessing Possibility
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Lessons From the Implementation of Self-Directed Support in Scotland
- Looking Back, Taking Stock, Looking Forward – Lessons of Leadership and Change
The stream sessions covered the following themes;
- Respectful Support
- Building Relationships
- Peer Leadership
- Leading Change
- Families taking Charge
- Sustaining Change
- Supporting New Behaviour
Photos from the Conference.