Securing the Good Life: Developing Safeguards for Vulnerable People
October 31 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pmA$65.00 - A$150.00
To be human is to be vulnerable. However, people with disability often live with greater vulnerability than others. In an attempt to keep people safe it is possible to limit their lives by being over-protective and so worried about risk that the person has little chance of experiencing the good things of life.
While it may not be possible to eliminate a person’s vulnerabilities, intentional safeguards can assist to minimise or make up for them.
This seminar will highlight the importance of recognising and understanding an individual’s vulnerabilities, as well as explore ways to manage these areas in a positive, life expanding way.
Topics covered will include:
• What do we mean by vulnerabilities?
• How to manage vulnerability without being over-protective
• Common sources of vulnerability for people with disability
• What are intentional safeguards and how do we put these in place?
• Examples of this way of thinking and working
• The role of supporters & organisations
$150 Full Fee
$65 People with a disability and family members
Purchase your ticket by 20th October, 2017
Need some assistance with fees?
CRU’s cancellation policy – http://cru.org.au/about/policies/#cancellation