- This event has passed.
Equipping Organisations for the NDIS
April 20, 2017 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Thursday 20th April 2017 – BRISBANE
About the Workshop:
Organisations are navigating a changing landscape and need to consider how they may capitalise on the potential the NDIS offers, without compromising on their core values as they adapt to new business systems. Participants will consider the fundamental shifts in thinking and relationships that may need to take place to enable the people they support to take control and direct the support they require.
This interactive training day will assist coordinators and managers to reflect on how they lead services so that the support provided suits the person, enables them to live a good life, and is sustainable over time. The day will offer opportunities to connect with other managers dealing with similar challenges.
Questions explored in the workshop:
- Are you wondering how to keep your organisation on track as you transition to the NDIS?
- Are you finding it challenging to maintain the focus on the people you serve in an increasingly business-oriented, competitive market?
- Are you grappling with how to move from group-based models to working individually?
Topics Covered will include:
- Essential features of service relationships in an NDIS context
- Enabling people with disability to enact control
- Self direction as more than just a funding source
- Negotiations – expanding what people might have a say over
- Embedding these ideas in organisations for structural change
About the presenter:
Jane Sherwin is a Qld based consultant who has been involved in the lives of people with disabilities, families and older people since the late 1970s. Among other previous work roles, Jane worked at CRU, including as director from 2000-2007.
Jane is committed to working at a grassroots level towards a system of responsive services, and towards arrangements whereby vulnerable people experience greater levels of control over their own support arrangements
Who should attend?
This workshop has been developed specifically for people in leadership positions in organisations that are planning how to situate themselves in the changing NDIS climate. CEOs, managers and coordinators are encouraged to attend.
CRU’s cancellation policy – http://cru.org.au/about/policies/#cancellation