Attending the local school- Inclusion that’s good for everyone MACKAY
March 1 @ 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
CRU is running this workshop in Partnership with All Abilities Mackay
About the Workshop:
For children with disability, being included in your local school can provide a strong foundation for an inclusive life. Despite solid research evidence about the benefits of inclusive education for students with and without disability, there is confusion about what good inclusive education looks like in practice.
About the Topic:
This workshop will provide the opportunity to learn from an experienced educator and academic about key features of inclusive education, based on research evidence, law and current policy.
Topics Covered will include:
- Building a vision for inclusion
- Including all learners in the same curriculum
- Fostering classroom and playground relationships to build belonging
- Whole class inclusive strategies and planning individualised supports
- Understanding “behaviour”
- Home-school partnerships and problem-solving
About the Presenter:Dr Bob Jackson is the Managing Director of Include (WA) and has been working in the field of human services and education since the 1970s.Bob has had a wide experience as a Direct Care worker, Psychologist, Manager of Disability Services, Researcher, Director of a Research Centre on Disability, Associate Professor of Education and consultant to government, private and public education systems, agencies and families.
Bob regularly presents workshops for families and educators across Australia and is a nationally recognised leader in Inclusive Education.
Who Should Attend?
This is event is for families, teachers, professionals working with children and families, childcare workers and educational support staff.
Using Your NDIS Funding at CRU
For people who are self-managing or using a plan manager, it is possible to use NDIS funding at CRU. To help you work out if this event is a reasonable and necessary support that will help you (or your family member) achieve your goals, see the Learning Objectives below. For more information about using NDIS funding at CRU, see our website. As CRU is not a registered NDIS service provider at this stage, people who are Agency managed cannot use NDIS funding to pay fees for CRU events.
Participants in this event will:
- Understand the research supporting the inclusion of students with disability at the local school, its benefits to students with and without disability, and what good inclusive education looks like in practice.
- Examine the impact of attending the local school on relationships and future life.
- Develop strategies, skills and knowledge to assist in:
- Preparation for beginning school and transitions;
- Fostering classroom and playground relationships to build belonging;
- Whole class inclusive strategies and planning individualised supports.
To view CRU’s cancellation policy, visit: http://cru.org.au/about/policies/#cancellation
Community Resource Unit Ltd.
CRU has a 30 year track record of working across Queensland to help people with a disability take control of their lives and take their place in their community
Contact CRU if you need assistance or are unable to register online, by calling (07) 3844 2211 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- March 1
9:30 am - 2:30 pm
- Event Category:
- CRU event
- Event Tags:
- all abilities mackay, Bob Jackson, Central Queensland, CRU event, Family, Inclusion, Inclusive education, Interstate presenter, Mackay, People with Disability, school, Young Children, Young Families
February 20 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
February 26 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm